Sunday, September 19, 2010

Raya 2010

it's already the 10th day of raya and only now i posted about the raya :P...raya is here again....this year's raya was a totally whole new raya for me....this year's raya was my first time as a husband and my first raya without my grandma....it's a mixed of feelings....happy celebrating 1st year raya with my wife but at the same time feeling sad that my grandma wasn't around any more to celebrate raya together....her absence was really felt as i've celebrated raya with my grandma for 24 years!!....we really missed her....may Allah bless her....so this year's raya was still celebrated at tapah, my father's hometown....me & my wife pushed off from kl to Tapah at 5.30 in the morning, the 1st raya day itself as the rest of the family members also pushed off the morning raya to Tapah...before we started to push off it was already raining heavily and it was going to be a slow ride due to the slippery road, and it was....many cars had to drove slow as the rain was quite heavy...and we reached tapah b4 8....we thought we were already late but guess what, we were the 1st to arrive....several minutes later my parents arrived and not too long after that several more of the family members arrived....went for the solat raya and after that had breakfast of nasi lemak & pulut after the majlis makan raya & bacaan doa....the majlis makan raya & bacaan doa is a tradition in our family....every year raya, after the solat raya prayers, jemaah of the surau will come for raya to my grandparents house which is situated right behind the surau....due to it's location, my grandparents house will be the first house to be visited....back in the old days, me & my cousins need to help in the kitchen and carrying out the dishes to the living room....after the majlis is over, we would then need to wash up all the dishes....really missed those days....so after the majlis raya, we would sit around and have chat among the big family members....after that we went to the grave to visit the grave of my grandparents...before heading to cameron, we went for raya to several houses....and even after we reached cameron before going back to my parent's home, we went for raya to another house, auntie angeline's house...whewww...what a 1st day raya....


not much of pics this time due to i forgot to snap :P...





No comments:

Post a Comment