Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai @ Penang

hola2....hope that it's not too late to wish Gong Xi Fa Cai to all chinese out there...came back from penang last saturday a couple of weeks ago for the chinese new year celebration....

me & my wife took the night train from kl sentral on wednesday nite to penang...i was lazy to drive and the fact that the traffic will be heavily jam made us took the night train...but regretted when we were on the train....i only managed to slept for about half an hour to 1 hour i think thru out the whole nite i think...the seat was not comfortable at all, the lights were on, there was a baby that kept on crying....really, what a night...








reached butterworth at about 6.30 am i think....then went to the ferry to board for penang island....as we arrive, my mom & dad are already there waiting for us and off we go to the hotel...at the hotel, me & my wife had to share my parents room for a while as it was still too early for us to check into our room...so, we took our bath first and then went out for our breakfast...had breakfast at one of the mamak shops but was a bit disappointed with the meals as it wasn't as tasty as how it should...then, went back to the hotel and my mom said there's already one room ready for us if we wanted as it is on a different floor...we didn't mind so headed and proceed to our room...by the way, we stayed at the Continental Hotel at Penang road, Georgetown...the same hotel that we stayed every year for chinese new year

















at 11 am, the whole family including my dad and my wife went to our relatives home, visiting them as what's been done years ago and for the 1st time for my wife...nothing much or new for me....went from one house then went to another...went to my cousin's new house near usm (not really new but this was my 1st time there)....stayed there quite a while then me, my wife & my dad decided to go back to the hotel as my mom wanted to stay a bit longer and that there's a few other places they wanted to go....due to the lack of sleep me & my wife had, we had to go back to the hotel to re-energize by getting some sleep....so, we went back to the hotel and straight went to bed...had about 3~4 hours of sleep and then it was already nite....then, all of us together with my mom, dad & sis had diner in front of our hotel....after diner, it was time to wrap up for the day...

the next day, me & my wife went to the Queensbay Mall to walk around there...have some window shopping, had lunch there and change our money to the HK dollar currency as we're heading to HK the next week...after a few hours spent at Queensbay Mall, we then head back to the hotel....our journey was by bus...was quite nice since me & my wife have not ride a bus together for a few years already....hehehe....then at nite, me & my wife went out for diner with my friend who was also my former housemate...he went back to penang as it was a long weekend...he picked us up at the hotel and we went to Padang Kota to have diner....had char kuey teow, squid & dried squid, and also len chee kang...after diner, my friend sent us back to our hotel to wrap up for the day...

















the next day, at around 10 am, we left the hotel to head back to KL...this time, my parents sent us back to KL since my sister needs to go back to her college too...we stopped for lunch at ipoh and after that i took over the wheels from my dad for the rest of the journey...the traffic at the highway was like hell...it was so jammed, probably everyone's going back to kl too on that same day...arrived home at kl at about 10 pm at nite...whewww~...








next post will be me & my wife's trip to Macau & Hong Kong...stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment